Workshop: lɪŋˈɡwɪstɪks at school - Didactics and curricula
This workshop will provide a space for discussions and ideas about teaching linguistics in schools. We will first hear a 15-minute input in which we'll look at Onur's current experiences with teaching a linguistics class in a German high school. We'll then briefly look at the frameworks that different national curricula already provide for teaching linguistics at schools. In the remaining 45 minutes, we'll create a forum to let ideas for teaching linguistics flourish. We'll also be able to critically reflect whether learning linguistics at school is relevant.
In summary, this workshop aims to practically develop and didactically evaluate the question of linguistic contents in the language classroom.
- Onur's homepage
- Examples - Language Guesser
- Examples - Dialect knowledge task by IDS Mannheim
- Examples - Typology - Eurogallisch - Asterix Multilingual
- Examples - Typology - World languages tree
- Examples - Dialekt-Quiz (German)
- Brainstorming notes - Etherpad